It’s nearly fall, and we’ve got at least one baseball team in contention. If we’re talking baseball playoffs, that means winter is on its way. So wouldn’t it be great to bulk up NOW on filters and get all you need to be set past fall? From NOW until September 30th, 2016 you can get 20% OFF a complete set of New Holland filters from our Parts Department. Having the whole set means you can cruise through scheduled maintenance without losing a step, just like one of our teams cruised through their season. And please, don’t take shortcuts with your filters, a down machine isn’t making you any money, and a broken machine is doing much worse than that. Continue reading
You like it, so we’ve brought it back! For August, we’re taking up to 15% OFF cases of grease. Grease is one of the most crucial tools for maintenance on your machine, and it’s what keeps all those joints and wear spots running smoothly. Unnecessary wear will lead to real damage over time and could lead you to an expensive repair bill if you’re not careful. Continue reading
Ask the Experts is a recurring segment where we share expert advice from our professional staff. In our latest Ask the Experts segment, we go over how to properly load & secure equipment for transport:
- Strategies for loading onto a trailer
- Positioning equipment for proper load distribution
- Selecting the correct gear for securing the load
If you’ve got an old and busted seat on your equipment, consider replacing it. Sitting in a shabby seat is uncomfortable and tiring for any operator, and for some, shabby = crabby. If you’re looking to replace your seats, the timing is right on because we’re bringing back our seat special. Our Parts Department is offering you new equipment seats for 15% off! Continue reading
How many machines do you have out in the field that you KNOW need maintenance? It happens all the time – when a job comes up you just can’t afford to be down a machine. It’s understandable, but you know in the back of your mind you’re pushing your luck by skipping scheduled maintenance, or worse, obvious repair needs. That’s why our Rental and Service Departments have teamed up to offer a 25% discount on a replacement rental while your machine is in our shop! Continue reading
For May, our Parts Department is giving 15% OFF New Holland brand engine and hydraulic oil when you buy at least 10 gallons. That includes 15W40 and 10W30 engine oil, Mastertran™ hydraulic oil and more; common types that most of our machines use. We carry these oils in quart and 2.5-gallon containers, and 5-gallon buckets.
With the summer construction season kicking off now is a great time to stock up on oil you’ll need to keep your equipment running smoothly. These oils run in just about every New Holland machine we work with, but be sure to consult your service manual for specific oil requirements. If you’re still not sure, just ask! Our parts team loves questions, and they’re here to help you!
*Discount is valid with participation in the Real Deal offer program through May 31st, 2016
You can count on Martin Implement to help keep your equipment running in top condition with expedient parts procurement and exceptional service. Did you know our esteemed service department offers repair and maintenance for all makes and models by a staff of certified technicians?
You’ll want to know that when you visit our parts and service departments this March, there are multiple ways to save and you can get a $50 New Holland rewards card too.
First is the latest CNH Productivity Plus offer: for each qualifying transaction of $750 or more on CNH Industrial Genuine or REMAN parts and related service purchases made during your visit, you get no interest for 120 days. Act quick though because this offer is valid March 7th – March 20th 2016!
Our certified technicians receive extensive training from our manufacturers, and that allows them to work on any equipment we sell. Steve Karsten, a certified technician at our South Elgin branch, recently nailed the rigorous New Holland Master Tech training, adding to his already deep range of technical skills. He’s now earned the Master Tech title in the areas of heavy equipment and wheel loaders. Give a shout out to Steve and our esteemed service team for this accomplishment!
We like lists. They’re quick reads and the information in them is organized so it’s easy to process and remember. This list of five most commonly ignored wheel loader and excavator maintenance tips is excellent. Consider including these on your contractor list of maintenance tips right away. The consequences of ignoring them can hit you in a number of ways—like downtime, lost productivity, lost revenue and unexpected costs.
Wheel Loader Maintenance Tips
- Tires and wheels — Checking tire air pressure and missing lug nuts should be part of your wheel loader operator’s daily routine. Check the angle of wheels compared to axles, as excessive lean can be an indication of worn or damaged wheel bearings.
- Drive shaft —Check the drive shaft U-joint straps and retaining bolts, along with any carrier bearings, for misalignment or lack of lubrication. Poorly maintained driveline components can lead to costly repairs.
- Radiator —Make sure the radiator is clean of buildup to avoid engine overheating in warmer months. Any coolant leak or hydraulic/transmission leak near the radiator can lead to excessive buildup of dirt on the radiator fins, which restricts or blocks airflow, causing an overheat condition that can damage the engine and other components.
- Transmission oil levels —Check levels regularly and be careful not to overfill. Overfilling the transmission can actually cause it to overheat during heavy-use conditions.
- Bucket —Make sure to regularly check bucket edges and flip when needed. Not only will this extend the life of the bucket cutting edge, but it will reduce the effort needed as the machine drives into material to fill the bucket.