Do you have a CNH Industrial Capital Productivity Plus Account? The Productivity Plus Account provides a separate line of credit for all your parts, service, attachment and accessory needs at our shops. It’s easy, the application form is right here AND upon returning your new application to us, you’ll receive a free six-pack can cooler! Benefits include: Continue reading
Ask the Experts is a recurring segment where we share expert advice from our professional staff. In our latest Ask the Experts segment, we go over how to properly load & secure equipment for transport:
- Strategies for loading onto a trailer
- Positioning equipment for proper load distribution
- Selecting the correct gear for securing the load
Meet the Martins is a chance for our friends and customers to get to know our company a little better. It serves as a means of putting a face to our organization. In this segment, we’ll head over to our service department and meet Andy Gustafson.
Chances are you’ve seen Andy behind the wheel of our delivery truck since he’s been traversing the roads for us since 1994. In addition to knowing our service area like the back of his hand, Andy’s maintained an exemplary safety record; ensuring that equipment is not only delivered in a timely fashion, but also without incident. When he’s not making deliveries, Andy can be found in our service shop performing equipment maintenance, set-up and basic repairs. Because of his focus and versatility, Andy is a significant contributor to our Martin team, and another reason why the company stays pointed in the right direction, so to speak! Continue reading
How many machines do you have out in the field that you KNOW need maintenance? It happens all the time – when a job comes up you just can’t afford to be down a machine. It’s understandable, but you know in the back of your mind you’re pushing your luck by skipping scheduled maintenance, or worse, obvious repair needs. That’s why our Rental and Service Departments have teamed up to offer a 25% discount on a replacement rental while your machine is in our shop! Continue reading
You can count on Martin Implement to help keep your equipment running in top condition with expedient parts procurement and exceptional service. Did you know our esteemed service department offers repair and maintenance for all makes and models by a staff of certified technicians?
Our certified technicians receive extensive training from our manufacturers, and that allows them to work on any equipment we sell. Steve Karsten, a certified technician at our South Elgin branch, recently nailed the rigorous New Holland Master Tech training, adding to his already deep range of technical skills. He’s now earned the Master Tech title in the areas of heavy equipment and wheel loaders. Give a shout out to Steve and our esteemed service team for this accomplishment!
We like lists. They’re quick reads and the information in them is organized so it’s easy to process and remember. This list of five most commonly ignored wheel loader and excavator maintenance tips is excellent. Consider including these on your contractor list of maintenance tips right away. The consequences of ignoring them can hit you in a number of ways—like downtime, lost productivity, lost revenue and unexpected costs.
Wheel Loader Maintenance Tips
- Tires and wheels — Checking tire air pressure and missing lug nuts should be part of your wheel loader operator’s daily routine. Check the angle of wheels compared to axles, as excessive lean can be an indication of worn or damaged wheel bearings.
- Drive shaft —Check the drive shaft U-joint straps and retaining bolts, along with any carrier bearings, for misalignment or lack of lubrication. Poorly maintained driveline components can lead to costly repairs.
- Radiator —Make sure the radiator is clean of buildup to avoid engine overheating in warmer months. Any coolant leak or hydraulic/transmission leak near the radiator can lead to excessive buildup of dirt on the radiator fins, which restricts or blocks airflow, causing an overheat condition that can damage the engine and other components.
- Transmission oil levels —Check levels regularly and be careful not to overfill. Overfilling the transmission can actually cause it to overheat during heavy-use conditions.
- Bucket —Make sure to regularly check bucket edges and flip when needed. Not only will this extend the life of the bucket cutting edge, but it will reduce the effort needed as the machine drives into material to fill the bucket.
Excavator Maintenance Tips Continue reading
Many Midwest cities had record-breaking mild temps in December,
but forecasts show a widespread arctic blast is on its way, and it’s uncertain how long the blast of cold air may last. We’ll need to remember and take precautions to protect ourselves and our equipment from these elements. Just as you need an extra layer and hot coffee to get you started, a few easy steps will keep your equipment running smooth and happy even when the temps are crazy. Continue reading
If you haven’t heard, John La Bennett from our parts department is retiring. John’s been an integral part of our team for 20 years, and we thank him for his time with the company. We’ll miss him, but we know he’ll be enjoying his new found free time! If you’re in this week, stop by and wish him the best of luck! Continue reading
We have a new promotion going on, and we think you’ll like it. The promotion gives you an opportunity to win a New Holland branded toolbox when you have a $99 maintenance inspection performed by our service department. And it’s not just any toolbox, but a combo roll cabinet and top chest made of heavy-duty steel.
For every $99 Maintenance Inspection you have performed by our Service Department between December 1, 2015, thru March 31, 2016, you earn one chance in our prize drawing. To request an inspection click here. Continue reading